Re: [pkg-lighttpd] Changing the default document root for HTTP server

Hi,

On 16.04.2012 18:59, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> Defining a standard for vhosts would solve the problem without having
> to touch the normal doc root. Seems like a far simpler fix.

how would you do that? We can't control or enforce what directory people
pick for their virtual hosts. We do not and can not configure any
virtual host beyond a default.

Of course we could just write some docs and tell people "please use /srv
for your personal vhosts", but that's not going to solve the problem I
want to address. Most people generally do not read documentation and
those who do, most likely already realize using the default /var/www
vhost plus custom /var/www/site vhosts causes problems.

Hence I advocate to configure the default as sane as possible to obey
the principle of least surprise.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll