Social Networking Servers

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2012/03/not-an-april-fool-1.html

The perils of commercial social networking are becoming more widely known, as
demonstrated by the above post by Charles Stross and the article he cites.

http://piratepad.net/tu0H1eU2vH

Currently we have a RFP filed for Diaspora.  Praveen has asked for help in
getting the Ruby Gems needed by Diaspora in Debian.

We also have a RFP for diaspora-x2, Jonas reported working on this and having
a private repository just over a year ago with no updates since.

Is there any progress being made on packaging these systems?  Are there other
social networking systems released under free licenses that we can package?