Re: On init in Debian

You didn't quote what I said just after that:

>> Of course, systemd can probably be made to do such kind of isolation
>> of the start bits, to isolate the problem and work on it. That's
>> still more involved to work on than when dealing with mere shell
>> scripts.

And indeed, vconsole-setup.c has to be recompiled to fix it.
Of course, console-setup is usually not so critical, but it's just an
example.

> And if you suspect that an upgrade
> broke something you probably can get an older version of this binary
> with debsnap and then
>
> systemctl restart systemd-vconsole-setup.service
>
> to test it.

That's what I meant by "isolation of the start bits". It's still more
involved to deal with the C code than with a shell script. You need to
find out of to rebuild it, for a start...

Samuel