Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On 11.03.2012 20:24, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> Maybe we could  have an intermediate goal to patch any  daemon to add an
>> option  to not  fork on  start.
>
> Yes, please.  All the more so since it is effort well-spent, as it is

No, this is not an effort well spent. And as already mentioned, running
the daemon in foreground has unwanted side-effects, like making the boot
process racy. Unless you provide other mechanisms how a daemon can
signal that it is ready to process requests.

universe are pointed away from Earth?