Re: debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

Eric Valette <eric.valette@free.fr> writes:

> Thanks for not copying me. Afraid I was going to answer?

This mailing list, like all sensibly-run mailing lists, does not munge
the ‘Reply-To’ field. If you have a conversation in a public forum, the
onus is on you to participate in the discussion in that public forum.

> With actual policy (that I respect and understand), you are not going
> to provide stuff to circumvent protection means meaning I cannot watch
> even a dvd.

Your complaint, then, is against those who use the law to restrict your
use of your legally-acquired DVD or Blu-Ray disc and disingenuously call
it “protection”. It is misdirected against the Debian project.

> I help debugging XBMC and ffmpeg using debian packaging tool. Feel
> free to incorporate other people work.

A precondition is that the terms make it legally free to do that.

Thank you for your work to improve Debian for everyone.

--
 \     “Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.” |
  `\                                                    —Steven Wright |