Re: Re: debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

>  take a look at yavdr, openelec, geexbox, ubuntu studio and the
>  packages they provide
>
>  Readhttp://thelinuxcauldron.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/the-list-the-top-5-media-center-programs-for-linux/
>  and see the one you have.

Ahh, so your definition of "serious multimedia" is "media centers".

Thanks for clarifying.  I agree, that's an area Debian has too few
poeple devoted to currently.  Please do consider to help out yourself!

Thanks for not copying me. Afraid I was going to answer? Ubuntu studio is not media center BTW. And you also need sources to browse and its mainly IPTV or DVB-T/C/S, DVD or blue-ray. With actual policy (that I respect and understand), you are not going to provide stuff to circumvent protection means meaning I cannot watch even a dvd.

I help debugging XBMC and ffmpeg using debian packaging tool. Feel free to incorporate other people work.

--eric