Re: debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On 12-03-10 at 01:34pm, Eric Valette wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 12:40, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> >Really?
>
> Again, vlc or mplayer do not make a multi-media capable distribution.
>
> take a look at yavdr, openelec, geexbox, ubuntu studio and the
> packages they provide
>
> Read http://thelinuxcauldron.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/the-list-the-top-5-media-center-programs-for-linux/
> and see the one you have.

Ahh, so your definition of "serious multimedia" is "media centers".

Thanks for clarifying.  I agree, that's an area Debian has too few
poeple devoted to currently.  Please do consider to help out yourself!

NB! Contrary to common misunderstanding, you need not be a full member
of Debian to work closely with us.

More info here: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia#Get_involved

Regards,

 - Jonas