Re: libidn re-license

>>> Nowadays, almost all GPLv2-only programs link to library code licensed
>>> under the GPLv3 (with a linking exception on the library side), so we
>>> pretend that they are, at least to some degree.
>>
>> How does that link exception look like?
>
> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gcc-exception.html>
>
> I don't think the exception makes the version 3 code compatible with
> version 2.

That applies only to GPLv3, doesn't it?  Libidn is now GPLv2+|LGPLv3+.
I don't immediately see how that exception could be used here.  I
wouldn't want to s/GPLv3/GPLv2+|LGPLv3+/ on a document like that without
sanity checking by some legal entity.  I recall that the FSF and GCC
folks spent a lot of time working out that document.

/Simon