Re: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 08:09:47PM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> The reason being what?  We have ZIP password crackers in the archive,
> too.

Cracking ZIP passwords doesn't fall under the auspices of DMCA or your
equivalent $county_specific_law (and there are quite a few around the
world, unfortunately).

To distribute something like libdvdcss2, unfortunately, we will need to
resurrect something like "non-us", rename it to
"non-dmca-like-embargoed-country" + pick "wisely" the country where to
host it.

Cheers.