Re: A DM/DD should know how to watch his mouth (code of conduct).

On 03/05/2012 06:27 AM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Perhaps a few strongers words were used than neccessary, but
> honestly "crap" is not a word one should be afraid to see.

And IMO, it's Fabian's right to say that VLC package from d-m.o
is "crappy", because introducing an epoc, which messes with
his packaging.

More over, I have experienced myself the kind of issues one
may have with packages from d-m.o, then trying to upgrade
Debian... It almost screw up my laptop, and I spent few
hours upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze (this was more than
a year ago, so I can't tell exactly what was the issue, but
I am certain it was packages from d-m.o). And the issue that
we are discussing today shows it's not getting any better.

So I agree with Fabian, and I agree with the chosen tone.

Thomas