Re: Bug 644138: kcc and heimdal-client both install /usr/bin/kcc

On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 18:41 +0000, Edward Allcutt wrote:
> These packages do not remotely have the same functionality:
> kcc: Kanji code filter
> heimdal-clients: Heimdal Kerberos - clients
>
> kcc appears to have shipped /usr/bin/kcc approximately since 1997.
>
> heimdal-clients introduced /usr/bin/kcc in September 2011 and #644138
> was filed shortly thereafter.

Thanks for bringing this up.

I think it would be reasonable for Heimdal to rename kcc to kcc.heimdal
or something like that.

Heimdal upstream has been shipping kcc since 2010, but we haven't
included it in Debian before, so that probably causes the least upgrade
issues.

Cheers,

Jelmer