Re: Linux kernel hardening - link restrictions

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 07:43 +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 05:11:58AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > +  * The new kernel version includes security restrictions on links, which
> > +    are enabled by default.  These are specified in
> > +    Documentation/sysctl/fs.txt in the linux-doc-3.2 and linux-source-3.2
> > +    packages.
> It'd be helpful to also point at a web page where one can read that text.

Maybe, but I don't know where it would go.  Normally I would point to
http://www.kernel.org/doc/... but that won't be valid until these
changes get into an upstream release.

Ben Hutchings
One of the nice things about standards is that there are so many of them.