Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Feb 28, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> The Linux kernel project has some serious and ongoing structural
> problems and I think it's very important that as a project we keep our
> options open.
Even if I were willing to accept this argument as valid[1], it's worth
remembering that switching to a new (and probably not yet existing)
kernel would be a much bigger effort than moving away from sysvinit.

> I have no hesitation in utterly rejecting the idea that we should base
> our system on a project whose upstream refuse to consider portability
> as a worthwhile goal.
I have no hesitation in utterly rejecting the idea that we should base
major decisions which will seriously affect the viability of Debian in
the real world on FUD.

[1] Just about everything has serious and ongoing structural problems.

--
ciao,
Marco