Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Le dimanche 26 février 2012 à 13:05 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> “Demo version not suitable for production” sounds much like our kFreeBSD
> ports. (The Hurd port does not even go as far.)

To clarify, since I was asked on IRC: I’m not implying that we should
not *aim* for the goal of making kFreeBSD suitable for production. I’ve
even been among maintainers working on porting their packages. However
we are still far from it, so I don’t think it is fair to call an init
replacement “not suitable for production” because it doesn’t work for a
system which itself is not (and another system which is no more than a
running gag).

Or, as has been said countless times otherwise: kFreeBSD should not
hinder the improvement of the Linux ports.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :