Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Russ Allbery wrote:
> When people are complaining about Canonical's contributor licensing
> agreement, saying that something is appealing because it's a GNU
> project is kind of amusing. I, for one, have even more of a problem
> contributing to FSF projects that require copyright assignment than
> I would contributing to upstart.

The major issue for me is that while the FSF may have problems, it is
a non-profit organization; Canonical is not. In version 2.5 of the
agreement[1] §8 and §12 are problematic too, as they impose an
additional burden on contributors.

Don Armstrong

1: http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/06/14/canonica_contributor_agreement.pdf
I've no clue if this is the current one or not, since it doesn't seem
to be publicly available.
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead
bodies. Do you think I want to have an academic debate on this
 -- Robert Fisk