Re: description of "general" pseudo-package is misleading (leads people to use it as a catch-all)

retitle 661241 vlc probably using wrong sound output by default (but not clear from reporter)
reassign 661241 vlc
tag 661241 moreinfo
severity 661241 minor
submitter 661241 Mikko Koho <cryogenium@gmail.com>
thanks

Mikko Koho: I'm guessing as to what your problem is, but you're going
to have to provide more information in order for anyone to address it
properly. Please indicate which version of vlc you are using, which
sound output it is using, etc.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> reassign 661241 bugs.debian.org
> quit
>
> Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 16:23, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> retitle 661241 description of "general" pseudo-package is misleading (sounds too much like a catch-all)
> [...]
> > http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages
> >
> > or the more parse-friendly version at:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/pseudopackages/pseudo-packages.description
>
> Ok, so you're saying reportbug gets its descriptions from bugs.debian.org?
> Reassigning accordingly.

Please don't hijack bugs to report problems unrelated to the original
bug report and original bug reporter. This is what clone is for.

Don Armstrong

--
I learned really early the difference between knowing the name of
something and knowing something