Re: Default display manager should not be gdm3

Em 23/02/2012 14:58, "Steve Langasek" <vorlon@debian.org> escreveu:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 08:56:22AM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> > Moreover, other display  manager may not work correctly  because gdm3 is
> > the only  display manager supporting  all modern stuff. For  example, we
> > could switch to  something like "slim" but slim does  not play nice with
> > ConsoleKit which means that a  user logged with slim won't be considered
> > as a  local user and therefore  won't have rights  for power management,
> > network configuration and things like that. See:
> >  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=601003
>
> Shouldn't that be trivial to address with the use of the pam_ck_connector
> module?

Unfortunately, no. Since CK 0.4.3, if i'm not mistaken, you only get
an active and local CK session if you specify the X display and the
tty for the session creation (through libck-connector).

LightDM works well with CK. XDM can be patched, there are patches
available in the mailing list, but I think they never got merged.

There's more info about CK vs. DMs in a bug I filed against XDM some
time ago, I can't look it up right now.

Regards,