Re: DEP5: minor suggestions - FSF address etc.

| Le Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:23:12PM +0200, Jari Aalto a écrit :
|     http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
|
| > (1) Use URL instead of real FSF address everywhere
|
| The examples contain license notices for the GNU GPL version 2, and in
| these there is no URL but the postal address. The current practice in
| Debian is to update if needed the postal address in the GPL notices
| version 1 and 2 (lintian tag old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file), but not
| to replace them by the URL of the latest GPL. I would prefer that the
| examples do make implicit suggestions to do so.

In my opinion, we should follow strictly how FSF recommends the GPL to be
presented. The use of postal addresses is no longer the FSF's current
postion.

.. and what a headache it all was when they moved their office. All License
texts had to be revised. That's a reason enough to stick to the FSF
recommended format that uses URL.

Jari