Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> Also, does this mean that you've patched the policy, that lintian would
> soon more aggressively complain about lacks of patch comments, and that
> we'll have a new Standard-Version?

No.  DEP-3 is an optional standard.

I'm not sure if it should be incorporated into Policy or not.  It's
probably not a bad idea, although we should deal with DEP-5 first and see
if that provides a reasonable precedent for how to do so.

> BTW, what's the status of DEP5?

One of the DEP drivers is not yet happy with the level of specificity and
detail provided to ensure that the results are interoperable, and I'd like
to see those concerns resolved before including it in Policy.  (Which is
currently being worked on, as I understand it.)