Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

On 12/22/2011 05:50 PM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> The main objections so far can be summarized as "I like to do thing my
> way and changes make me unconfortable".

No, the main objection is:

I have already many systems/servers in production already. Please don't
break them.

I don't mind if using an initramfs is required, I don't mind if this
initramfs mounts my /usr if it can/wants to, but my system should
continue to boot. Especially if you consider that few years ago (that
was truth for sarge, right?), using a separate / not on the LVM was
the only solution for booting.

Thomas