Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> schrieb:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu> wrote:
> > I tend to agree. At least, this is how I interpret the FHS, and it seems
> > appropriate to me. Although it may not be useful in most cases, I do not
> > see it as harmful.
>
> The harm is if it takes us extra development time because other distributions
> don't support it, provide configuration options for it, or test it.

Hmm, AFAIK Gentoo still is FHS compliant in this regard. Ubuntu too.
No idea what SuSE does, but who really cares what these windows imitator
jerks do ? ;-o

> Things have changed a lot since the FSSTD first came out.

True. But the need for quick and easy system maintenance remains.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666