Re: Getting dh_install to do what we need

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 10:07:12PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Kees Cook <kees@debian.org> writes:

> > Which means I can't use DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH in the config-scripts,
> > unfortunately.

> Not to worry! dh-subst will be coming in a day or two (+ NEW waiting
> time), which will allow you to use DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH as you'd expect
> to.

Will dh-subst automatically query dpkg-architecture to grab variables such
as DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH into the environment?

What *I* would expect is that these dpkg-architecture variables are already
put into the environment by dh, because this is a common use case.  If
dh-subst is going to take care of it automatically then I suppose that's ok,
but that doesn't really feel like the right layer for it.

If I have to manually export them in debian/rules, then that's yet another
step away from rules.tiny, and that makes me sad.