Re: Getting dh_install to do what we need

On 08/12/2011 07:12, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> And by extend, I mean something like:
>
> ,----
> | #! /usr/bin/dh_multiarchify
> | /usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/*
> `----
>
> The /usr/bin/dh_multiarchify script would do the sed magic. This would
> make the simple cases simple, and would still allow one to do
> complicated magic, if so need be.

I would much rather prefer a substvars-ish approach, similar to what
dpkg-gencontrol does. Making .install executable at all (even if it has a
standard #! interpreter) makes things a lot harder to standardize. Like Josselin
mentioned, bonus points for implementing this in a different language for each
package.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin