Re: Anonymous read-only access and Vcs-* [Re: Alioth status update, take 3]

]] Bernd Zeimetz

| On 05/26/2011 07:54 AM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > ]] Scott Kitterman
| >
| > | Was there some discussion of this with Alioth users before it got
| > | changed?
| >
| > No.
| >
| > And while I apologise for the problems we've had with the migration, I'd
| > like to ask people to just accept some of the changes we've made even
| > though you think it makes URLs uglier.  They're done to avoid cyclic
| > dependencies between services.
|
| Please explain that.

vasks has the copy of the repositories.

wagner NFS mounts the repositories read-only.

vasks is {git,svn,…}.debian.org (so ssh://git.d.o/ continues working),
making svn:// and similar protocols work requires TCP proxying.

ergo, circular dependencies between the hosts.  This is something we
want to avoid.

| And I still think loosing the old names is a very annoying PITA.

I'll add SRV records the moment git and svn support resolving resources
using SRV record, you can have the old names back then.

regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen