Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:29:22PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> But one can't expect that it's enough to say "great idea, but someone
> else will do it". If someone wants to setup rolling.d.n, fine. I'm
> happy to help setting up britney, release foo, whatever.  But someone
> has to take responsibility, and not just make it a fire and forget
> thing.

In case I wasn't totally clear, or it got lost in the noise, etc,
in <[🔎] 20110430072644.GA15193@cobija.connexer.com> I tried to (again)
make it clear that I actually am going to chip in on this.  Raphaël has
also said that he'd be able to help up the services (which is good,
because I'm totally unfamiliar with most of them).  I also volunteered
to join up as an assistant/lackey with the release team under the
*current* process, since that would be good for me to get some first-hand
experience, and hey, some extra free labor for you guys :)

I think the goal would be to set something up, show that it works for
all the strange/difficult transitions/corner-casees, demo the whole
process with some "fake" releases, etc.

And even better, since the whole point is to have a system that works with
an unfrozen testing, we will have a real live unstable/testing that will
be paying no attention to our efforts, so we shoudl get a very good idea of
how fast things would diverge, and how difficult
cross-porting/cherry-picking/etc would be.

> If someone wants to setup rolling.d.n, do it. If not, then don't. But
> that's it.

I think this will happen in some short time.  Gonna put a little more
time/effort into the proposal first though (DEP-10, coming soon to
a dep.debian.net near you).

	sean