On 29/04/11 at 10:33 +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [110428 22:06]:
> > So, we are losing a large number of contributors (> 20%) during freezes. And
> > it's also possible that some of them don't come back (looking at the months
> > following freezes, it takes some time to reach the pre-freeze numbers).
>
> I can only say that I usually have a much lower upload frequency
> while freeze, which with one specific package less might even be
> a total stall while most past freeze times. And I would not call
> myself "lost" due to that.

I think that you misunderstood my data. It's the number of **distinct**
(different) **uploaders**. If you uploaded just one package during the
freeze period, then you are not in the 20%.

Of course, a better way to detect whether we are actually losing
contributors during the freeze would be to look at the archives of
debian-devel-changes@ + debian-bugs-rc@. But we don't have a tool for
that (yet ; there's a GSOC project that could address that).

Lucas