On 29/04/11 at 10:23 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> 2. In the past there used to be two rather opposites use-cases of testing:
> some (luckely more than just the release team) see it as a tool to develop
> stable. Others see it (mostly) as a usable distribution.
> I'm unconvinced that splitting testing into rolling+testing will benefit both
> use cases. (And I think this is shared rather widely in this thread.)

I think that the proposal is to:
- rename 'testing' to 'rolling' to make it clear that it's usable as a
  rolling release
- add a new 'frozen' suite, used only during freezes, to prepare the
  next stable release
So, it's not splitting testing into rolling+testing. It's changing
testing to rolling outside of freezes, and splitting testing into
rolling+frozen during freezes.

- Lucas