Re: network-manager as default? No!

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 08:22:53AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 14 avril 2011 à 08:00 +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :
> > I think it is wrong, based on the fact expressed in these threads that
> > NetworkManager can, by default during upgrade, bring down the network
> > connection.
>
> This argument has been rehashed again and again, without ever
> confronting it to a reality check.
>
> Since this bug has been fixed several months ago, can we move on now?

For the record, this was (at least) bugs #432322 and #439917, and I'm extremely
pleased that the issues have been resolved.  Well done and thank you to all
involved.

Could those thread participants who have gripes from their last NM experience
many years ago please confirm that their gripes still apply before continuing
with the discussion?

--
Jon Dowland