Re: network-manager as default? No! (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 02:18:38PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> This is Exacly what I mean with NM.  I do not wan to  be  bothered  with
> reading some hours documentations on how to tweek NM  to  work  with  my
> four 10GE NICs.

And you wouldn't be - because, once again - you are not forced to use whatever
the default solution is, you have the freedom to switch to another, just like
people who currently *do* use network-manager have taken advantage of.

We are really going around and around with the same set of misconceptions and
misunderstandings.  Please carefully read the thread again before re-iterating
any more mistakes!

--
Jon Dowland