Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes! (was: network-manager as default? No!)

In other news for Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 08:15:55AM +0200, Bernhard R. Link has been seen typing:

> But what many people[1] want is that you can make it work if you read some
> dozen pages of documentation.

Personally, what I want is a setup that does not drop all active network
interfaces during a software upgrade because it needs to restart a
daemon.

Making network-manager honor an option along the lines of
"--leave-interfaces" during stop or restart would be a good start.

--
Rens Houben                           |    opinions are mine
Resident linux guru and sysadmin      | if my employers have one