Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes!

Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> writes:

> I considered using wicd some time ago, but gave up after reading
> information from its FAQ:

> http://wicd.sourceforge.net/moinmoin/FAQ

The main advantage of wicd from my perspective is that it's a simple and
straightforward solution for configuring a single wireless interface with
a GUI.  If that's not your situation, it's probably not going to be very
rewarding.  It happens to fit my situation perfectly.

I would not advocate making it the default network management facility in
Debian without putting significantly more work into it (and I would worry
about losing its current excellent simplicity.