Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes! (was: network-manager as default? No!)

On 04/04/2011 11:03 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I think squeeze already does a lot better, but there is still work to
> do, especially with the installation process.
>
> On my personal wishlist for wheezy is d-i actually calling NM behind the
> scenes to configure the network, instead of ifupdown. I’ll definitely
> try to find time to hack on this.

I'm definitely going to step up here to test whenever you have something
ready, as my frustration with dealing with this issue, including my
abortive attempt to get the /etc/network/interfaces munging fixed to
make NM "just work" after an install have increased my desire for a more
technically sound solution.

Ben