Re: chromium-browser is taking over all URLs

Le lundi 14 février 2011 à 14:28 +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > There will be a default selected in gnome-session, that can be changed
> > by user action. Without a session-wide default (any session manager can
> > set one, of course) a random choice (possibly alphabetical) is used.
>
> How is that default communicated? An environment variable? A gconf key?

The defaults are set in /etc/gnome/defaults.list. This file is used in
GNOME session since there is a XDG_DATA_DIRS indirectly pointing to it
(set in a Xsession script).

> > We are used to have much more terrible breakage in testing/unstable
> > right after a release. If our concerns are now bugs wrt. setting the
> > default browser, it must mean we are doing *great* :)
>
> Well, if we want to be serious about Constantly Usable Testing (and I wish
> we do) I believe we should care about such things because they are far from
> being details from an end-user perspective.

Fully agreed. One of my concerns with CUT is that once such a change
reaches testing without the other impacted packages, it can stay buggy
for weeks, even months.

> Filed #613381 to block glib2.0.

Good. We can probably let it migrate once epiphany and iceweasel have
been fixed; unless you want the configuration GUI, which means
gnome-control-center 3.x - and if you really want to tie glib2.0 with
it, I’ll let you deal with the RT fallback :)

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know