Re: chromium-browser is taking over all URLs

Le lundi 14 février 2011 à 12:26 +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> > There are defaults shipped in gnome-session, precisely to avoid that
> > kind of issue.
> >
> > With glib 2.28, the x-scheme-handler/* stuff becomes the new priority.
> > It just means we have to update epiphany to include it and gnome-session
> > to set the defaults.
> >
> > I don’t think it requires more drama than that.
>
> How is one supposed to prioritize between the various browsers?

There will be a default selected in gnome-session, that can be changed
by user action. Without a session-wide default (any session manager can
set one, of course) a random choice (possibly alphabetical) is used.

> What version of Gnome does the right thing to match what glib expect?

Maybe 2.32, but it won’t be uploaded anyway, so that will be 3.0 to have
the GUI to configure that default.

> From a user point of view, it's disturbing and this change will reach
> testing if we don't finish is properly soon enough (or open an appropriate
> RC bug on glib to avoid having it migrate before the other components are
> in place).

We are used to have much more terrible breakage in testing/unstable
right after a release. If our concerns are now bugs wrt. setting the
default browser, it must mean we are doing *great* :)

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know