Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:38:39AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> No, best practice is to verify *that their packages build correctly in a
> clean environment*.

You nitpicker :-), but you're right, thanks for pointing it out. [1]

> The easiest and most reliable way to do that is by doing the build in
> such a clean environment yourself and using that build for the upload.

Given the above and given that the point made by Bernhard was about
testing, I believe the distinction has no impact on my arguments.

> I am certainly not opposed to the current plans to do all builds on
> the buildds

I'm glad to hear that!

Cheers.

[1] although I see very little reasons for not uploading the binaries
    built in the clean environment; I've surely always uploaded them
    ever since pbuilder has been introduced