Re: devel files and libraries in /lib

Olaf van der Spek, le Tue 04 Jan 2011 19:21:18 +0100, a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > We kept fixing it, and at some point (where it became really not obvious
> > to fix it, or would have made it very cpu-consuming to solve the path
> > ambiguities), we got tired.
>
> Got a link to that bug?

The one I remember in particular is #285857 but it got fixed.
We gave up on
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2006/12/msg00014.html
I don't remember precise issues at stake, but /usr -> . is really the
kind of thing that can bring bugs in all kinds of scripts etc.

> Seems weird it's unfixable.

"unfixable" is a quite strong word. There are bugs that are fixable, but
you don't really want to spend the time and additional complexity to fix
it.

Samuel