Re: Linux Mint 12 in Debian?

Le samedi 31 décembre 2011 à 14:21 +0100, Svante Signell a écrit :
> Currently I have 164 packages from unstable not being upgraded since I
> don't want to dist-upgrade. Will a majority of these packages be
> installed after installing gnome-session-fallback. Packages I want
> upgraded are e.g. brasero, evolution, various gnome-*, etc.
>
> Which packages are changing gnome2 to gnome3: gnome-session, gdm3, and?

Almost all packages are changing, at least to port them to GTK+ 3. There
are also a lot of big changes unrelated to the shell, like the
control-center being redesigned, the desktop icons going away by
default, etc.

My recommendation would be to just upgrade everything -
gnome-session-fallback will be picked by metapackages. Then you can pick
“GNOME Classic” from the GDM login prompt to log into the fallback
session, and that’s all.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :