Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> schrieb:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 02:47:38PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Dec 30, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I think that stephan is right here. Every package using files in /etc
> > It DOES NOT MATTER who is right, some upstreams have decided otherwise.
> > At least udev, systemd and next month module-init-tools do override the
> > configuration files in /usr/lib/ with the configuration files in /etc/.
> > Deal with it.
>
> Then udev and systemd are broken.
>
> You're introducing a dangerous inconsistency that's going to bite people.

ACK. Sometimes upstreams doing really stange things (maybe because
they dont have any package management in mind), that should be fixed.
If upstream doesnt do those fixes, distros have to catch in.

Look, the purpose of distros is to provide an consistent, robust
and mainainable environment. Sometimes the distro maintainers
have to bite in the bitter apple and cleanup upstreams's dirt.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666