Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu> schrieb:
> Enrico Weigelt, 2011-12-30 06:21+0100:
> > Which packages ship files in /var ?
> Many install directories there. And one of my packages, dokuwiki, also
> installs files under /var/lib/dokuwiki/lib/{plugins,tpl}. These files
> define the default set of bundled plugins and templates, and I install
> them there so that the user can add other plugins or templates, which is
> a very common case for DokuWiki administrators since one of the major
> advantages of this wiki engine is its rich set of available plugins.

IMHO this is completely wrong, those files should be under
/usr/lib/... or maybe even /usr/share/... as they're not
dynamic data.

I'd split off package install and instance deployment
(as soon as you want several dokuwiki instances on one
host, that will be needed anyways).

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666