Re: Lintian ERROR saying dpatch is obsolete

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> The question is: who decides? I have a bunch of packages and an established
> workflow that served me well over the last years. I don't want to learn
> another *censored* system, just because someone said its the new standard or
> it is better. I can't remember that somebody asked about deprecating well
> established and working tools.

Simple answer: the maintainer(s) of that tool.  If he/she/they think
it needs to go, then it should.

As an aside, the process of converting a package from dpatch to source
format 3 (quilt) is rather simple and straightforward.  It can be done
in less than 10 minutes per package (although the first one will
certainly take longer given learning curve/time).

Best wishes,
Mike