I don't have a backup drive large enough: the drives are made as backups of each other ! :)

Question.  anybody have advice on EZ-DRIVE in lk 2.6.38 series ?  Any advice?

I'm afraid if I just dd(1) all the data one block my partition tables headers and supers will be all messed up. all supers and inodes would be off by 1 i think.

#1) grub is no good - it's how the linux-ms-dos driver reads partitions that is blocking dependant

#2) the ms-dos partition driver uses the block number, but the blocking code doesn't know for sure (circular dependancy, this is likely why EZ drive support was hacked out and lost)

If I hack /usr/src/linux/fs/partitions/osf.c so I am free of ms-dos partition mayhem which causes the need ...

	--> osf.c isn't complete <--
	--> was provided as read-only support of certain unix partitions <--
	--> only write code for MS-DOS partitions is avail ?? <--

I wanna return the dang drives with a thank-you note (ha!) Can't. What junk IDE and BIOS is. scsi never gives me these problems, ide always a new issue every board and kernel

If no one has heard of any EZ suport or way around it? Guess I have days of copying todos and drive changing and what ! :(

Have Fun!

	John