Re: Distribution and support for Debian-502-i386-netinst

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 21:08 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Additionally, the new[1] tg3 driver broke compatibility with the tg3
> chip built into IBM's HS12.
[...]
> [1] Why the heck do we allow changes like this in stable point
> releases?

Increasing the range of hardware on which a Debian stable release is
usable can only be a good thing, imo (both with and without my SRM hat
on).  It's unfortunate that in this case it introduced a regression, but
the kernel team have been very good in the past about fixing such things
once they're aware of them.

Regards,

Adam