Re: Distribution and support for Debian-502-i386-netinst

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 04:10 +0000, Cherukuri, Shravan Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have an image of Debian-502-i386-netinst-iso which I burned to a CD
> and tried to install the OS.
>
> In the beginning everything was going on fine until the step where we
> select the mirror site to download.
>
> At this point I was not able to download from the mirror websites that
> were displayed while installing the OS.
>
> So I would like to know if Debian-502-i386-netinst is still supported
> and corresponding packages are available for download and
> installation.

Old netinst images generally do not work, since the packages they depend
on may be replaced at point releases.  If you really want Debian 5.0
('lenny') then you should use the netinst image for the latest point
release, 5.0.9.

If you have no particular reason to favour Debian 5.0 then I would
recommend the current stable release, Debian 6.0 - more specifically the
point release, Debian 6.0.3.

> Are there any mirrors from which I could install this OS? Any
> information regarding this would be highly helpful.

http://www.debian.org/CD/ [6.0.3 and testing]
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/ [older versions]

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The world is coming to an end.	Please log off.