Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

Joey Hess writes ("Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software"):
> Which is a pity. Has it ever been sent to glibc upstream?

I didn't fancy fighting glibc upstream.  However we have a new
upstream since we are now using eglibc so I should perhaps actually
try that.

> With that said, it's not actually hard to test programs' behavior on a
> full disk and make them behave well in common cases. For example,
> ikiwiki never lets a full disk cause it to write truncated files, and if
> a user is editing a page and tries to save with a full disk, it will show
> an error and keep their changes buffered for them to resubmit.

Right.  In my own programs I flush or close stdout.  But ultimately I
think this ought to be fixed in the libc since it's the libc that's
lying.

Ian.