Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

> I agree with samuel here. Science software know how to use disk baked
> file. And are better than general software. I will open rcbug to use
> /var/tmp instead of /tmp in this case. But it is a pitty.

/var/tmp has a little problem: is not cleared upon reboot.
In fact one time i couldn't do a graphical login anymore because the kde-stuff
in /var/tmp had taken the entire available space on the partitin.

Also i was thinking that if we consider the amount of IO that kde does on the
home of the user, and the amount that does on /var/tmp, and of course the many
libraries that it needs to load, and so on... In the end the activity on /tmp
compared to the activity in general is so small that i doubt keeping tmp on
the ram is going to have any positive impact at all on performances.

--
Salvo Tomaselli