Re: directory under /usr/bin -- Ok or not?

Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> (03/11/2011):
> I don't have a link at the moment (because linuxfoundation
> bugzilla/bzr/etc is still MIA), but I'm pretty sure its been clarified
> forbidding subdirs in any of the (s)bin directories for FHS 3.0 (and
> the exceptions you cite have also been removed).
> If/when all the infrastructure comes back, you can find links to them
> at [1].
>
> [1]
> http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/fhs-discuss/2011-August/000334.html

In the meanwhile, posted by Jeff Licquia[2]:

  “This draft removes quite a few historical artifacts, such as
   /usr/X11R6 and subdirectories in /usr/bin, and adds many recent
   developments, including /sys and /run.”

 2. https://www.linux.com/news/software/linux-kernel/493031:feedback-requested-filesystem-hierarchy-standard-released

Which should clarify the situation.

Mraw,