Re: Possible mass bug filling for package depending on "menu".

> On Sun 30/10/11 11:31 , Daniel Baumann  wrote::
> > On 10/29/2011 08:49 PM, Frank lin Piat wrote:
>> I intend to submit a mass bug filling to ask packages maintainer to drop or
>> downgrade their dependency on "menu":
>
>[...]
>
> packages that need root have to use su-to-root in order to play well on
> live systems (where you know at runtime if sudo, su, gksu, $whatever has
> to be used). your package list contains such cases. [..]

What about moving the su-to-root binary to a different binary package ?
Bill what's your PoV about spliting it ?

As a side benefit, if su-to-root were not inside menu, I guess that many package
would depend on it, rather than depending directly on gksu or kdesudo as they
currently do...

Franklin

P.S.
I am actually surprised that so few package depend/use su-to-root. (looks
like an inconsistent dependency on gksu/kdesu/su-to-root/.. but that'
beyond the scope of my MBF).

disk-manager: simple graphical filesystem configurator
--> It's gtk based, so it might switch to gksu
bleachbit: delete unnecessary files from the system
--> It's gtk based, so it might switch to gksu
etherape: graphical network monitor
--> It's gtk based, so it might switch to gksu
firestarter: GTK program for managing and observing your firewall
--> It's gtk based, so it might switch to gksu
fish: a friendly interactive shell
--> ncurse based shell... the menu dependency is a bit weird ;-)
fityk: general-purpose nonlinear curve fitting and data analysis
--> I doubt its sudo'ing... I'll check
gadmin-bind :  GTK+ configuration tool for bind9
gadmin-openvpn-client
gadmin-openvpn-server
gadmin-proftpd
gadmin-rsync
gadmin-samba
--> Those are gtk based, so they might switch to gksu
I'll continue that list later.