Re: Possible mass bug filling for package depending on "menu".

Le dimanche 30 octobre 2011 à 13:14 +0100, Frank lin Piat a écrit :
> As a side benefit, if su-to-root were not inside menu, I guess that many package
> would depend on it, rather than depending directly on gksu or kdesudo as they
> currently do...

Anyway these packages should be fix to stop needing to run as root,
since X11 was never designed to do that safely.

PolicyKit was designed to fill in the role of elevating privileges in
GUIs; the programs you list should start using it instead of just adding
gksu to their menu files.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :