Re: Dealing with embedded javascript libraries

Hi,

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>, 2011-10-26, 16:31:
> >For instance I just noticed that we can't install new widgets with
> >the current wordpress package due to some javascript related
> >problem. I'm not familiar enough with the codebase to investigate
> >it easily. I can't ask upstream about it because it works with the
> >version of the libraries that they are shipping.
>
> Why you can't? Do they bite if you do?

For the very same reason we don't like Ubuntu bugs that have not been
reproduced on Debian.

Obviously I can ask but it's unlikely to lead to any fruitful discussion
if I don't come up with a patch that supports both versions at the same
time.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer