Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 03:50:45PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:

> 1: I should note that I personally use a custom written nullmailer
> plugin which uses ssh to connect to my central mail host and then run
> /usr/lib/sendmail there... granted, that's probably a little bit
> crazy, but it works great for my laptops which are often operating on
> networks which try do all sorts of crazy things to outgoing mail. Some
> people on this list are probably doing other similarly crazy things.

Is the code for this plugin available anywhere?

The proxy one needs to go through to access the Internet from inside my
University buildings cuts off SMTP. I usually just let nullmailer queue
the message so that it is delivered as soon as I connect from home.

When I need to send out a mail immediately, what I do (and this totally
belongs to the “crazy things” section) is to ssh into my exim–running
VPS, grab the formatted mail message from the nullmailer queue and use
the remote sendmail instance to actually send it. Not exactly confortable,
but guaranteed to work.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>